2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93948 - 17/06/03 08:23 AM Kansas City's best service center?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all... Since the thread about Denver area dealers and service centers seemed to be so useful, I was wondering if anybody here had similar insights to the KC area. I bought my X about a month ago from State Line Nissan, but have heard troubling things about their service department.

Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

#93949 - 17/06/03 09:10 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I've had pretty good luck at O'Neill on Metcalf. And Fletch on here is well known at Jay Wolfe. They've been pretty good to him.

#93950 - 18/06/03 08:46 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
I bought my Xterra at Stateline too. At first, I liked them. They seemed to be friendly and helpful when I first needed service for various things. Now, after a couple of years being there last and now with 80k miles, I stopped there to ask about fixing my airbag light and right-side manifold......the service manager guy was a total smartass and dipshit.

I had good luck with Jay Wolfe up north of KC awhile back, but haven't been there in awhile. I haven't been to McCarthy in Olathe or O'neill in OP yet. I should try them since I do live in Olathe.

#93951 - 18/06/03 08:57 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My experience with Jay Wolfe up north was not a good one. It was the first of 2 dealerships I walked out of due to their pressure tactics. Unprofessional and degrating. That said, I don't know anything about their service department. Macarthy in Blue Springs was the other experience. Again, nothing about their Service Dept.

Thanks for the tips though.

#93952 - 18/06/03 02:28 PM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
camp monkey Offline

Loc: Kansas City, MO
Bought my X at State Line Nissan as well. I haven't had a major problems with service (yet)... but the first time I took it in for an oil change the guy put into the computer that I had 28,000 miles on my truck. He apparently was looking at the trip computer which read 2800.0 miles. Now I am getting mail from Nissan informing me of my need for my 30,000 mile maintenance.

Not too bright if you ask me.

#93953 - 19/06/03 06:55 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
I have heard Blue Springs were bad too. mad

#93954 - 19/06/03 07:58 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I have heard Blue Springs were bad too.
I actually got my dealer at State Line to talk a little about dealer tactics. (I guess he spent a week working for the Blue Springs dealer before coming back to State Line). Basically what he said was that the salespeople were "encouraged" to play the pressure game of "If I can get it to this price today will you buy now." Surprisingly State Line was nothing like that. My salesguy there wasn't trying to push options I didn't need on me, giving me the time to think about it, yadda yadda.

When I did go into Macarthy, I had my usual internet prices, invoice and msrp, knew what I wanted, and pretty much put the ball in their court to make me happy. Didn't happen. And by the way, the guy with the title of "INternet Sales Manager" is nothing more than another sales guy with an email address. God forbid they quote me without having me come in...

Alright, I'm just ranting now...

Cheers,
Tom

#93955 - 19/06/03 08:03 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidenote for KC people... I do not work for State Line Nissan, nor have any loyalty to them so please don't peg me as somebody trying to troll and drive business their way via this board. That's just where I ended up being fairly happy with the sales interaction.

It's all about the X

#93956 - 19/06/03 09:47 AM Re: Kansas City's best service center?
Fletch Offline

Loc: Kearney, MO
Tom, Keep in mind that the service centers out of the dealerships are different then the sales departments. They want you to keep you coming back to keep the $$ coming in. Time to start your shopping all over again. Go in look at the shops, talk with the service manager, talk with the mechanics, etc. you will find someone that you like and then the pain of spending you cash isn't as painful.

As Steve said I have real good luck with Gary at Jay Wolfe (which is at I-29 and Tiffney Springs, the N Oak store is closed). I have liked the fact that I can walk into the service area and the manager knows who I am, by name and the mechanics know my truck when it rolls up out front.

Good luck

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal