I just wanted to post that I had the most incredible experience at Don Davis Nissan this past weekend. Jack and I were really buckling under the weight of our two Xterra payments, so we went to the dealership to see if we had any options. Steve, the Sales Manager, was fantastic. He met us in the showroom and offered to get someone to help us. We told him that we needed someone creative!

Brad, the Fleet Manager, sat down with us before we even looked at a car and really listened to us about our situation, where we were and where we wanted to be. He made some suggestions, took us on a test drive of the Sentra, and then went to work for us. Never once did I hear "If I do xxx, will you buy today?" like I had heard time and time again at the Honda dealership down the street (and that was before they'd even give us a price!). He didn't even come back to us with a proposition until he was pretty close to where he knew that we wanted to be.

Even in the financing department we had an outstanding experience. Because they already knew that we were concerned about monthly payments, they didn't try to push any extended warranties on us, but advised us to come back and get that when the regular warranty was running low. The only thing they encouraged was GAP insurance because we were rolling negative equity into the new vehicle, but even then it was just a recommendation and no pressure whatsoever!

There was no pressure, no sales tactics, no gimmicks or games. They REALLY listened to us, and then did everything they could to meet our needs. I walked out of the dealership feeling like I had made new friends instead of buying a car unlike the get-em-in-sell-em-anything-quick mentality of other dealerships (i.e. Vandergriff Honda)!

So if you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex... heck, if you're in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana or anywhere else within shouting distance... I cannot recommend Don Davis, Steve & Brad highly enough!!!