shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94071 - 01/06/06 10:28 PM almost got an X the other day--UPDATE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to a local dealer here in stroudsburg PA, about an hour from Hazelton, PA. Loved the car, 05 S with power and Utility options and 12,000 miles. There was a loud click when going from R to D. The U-joint may be loose. The dealer said they would put a hold on the car, fix the problem and give us a call when they were done so we could start talking about a price.

Went in the other day, just to make sure the car still was not on the lot. It was not. Which amazed me since I have read on the internet that their service dept. is terrible as well as their salespeople. What are the chances they are going to fix it AND call me back.

Also, what is the deal with the warranty? I was told I can take it to any dealer and get it fixed, but was is the policy on oil changes? Also, is the fact that I found a little leather bag of sockets in the glove box while test driving a red light? sloppy service already?

#94072 - 03/06/06 09:29 AM Re: almost got an X the other day--UPDATE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If it is not on the lot, then chances are the sold it to someone who did not notice the problem like you did. Dealerships don't do anyone any favors like fix something on a vehicle and then call a potential customer to talk price. Find another X.

Oh, and stop calling it a car. It's a truck for cryin out loud.

#94073 - 03/06/06 11:21 AM Re: almost got an X the other day--UPDATE!!!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
the little leather bag of sockets:

are you sure they were sockets and not wheel locks?

#94074 - 08/06/06 07:05 PM Re: almost got an X the other day--UPDATE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, The dealership called back today. They are starting to get a bit shady, they said they want me to come over and sign some papers that would allow them to hold the car at the "tent sale" price(which I would never buy the car at anyway). Has anyone ever had or heard of this before? The lady would dodge my questions on what this paper was for, all she would say was that it was needed to get the same price.

second, what are wheel lock, Todrick?

#94075 - 08/06/06 07:24 PM Re: almost got an X the other day--UPDATE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

dealers do anything to get you into the dealership.you cant buy the truck sitting at home so they will insist you come in for some reason. they try their hardest to not discuss price. dont sign anything unless you want to purchase the vehicle. because chances are they want you to sign the purchase order.

get them to either fix any problems with the X, or get them to drop the price and you handle it. either way the salesman makes money by selling the X. he/she will call you on a regular basis until you buy or die. so if you want them to quit calling you, say you bought something somewhere else.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal