shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94127 - 18/10/02 02:44 PM ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
aguila777 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az.
Owned my Xterra for 4 wks now, and already had it in the shop for 9 days over two visits. Brakes grinding, been in three times and no improvement. been in for rail dust twice, and still haven't gotten it all fixed(even after I spent literally 3 hours one day marking every spot for them). Had to have the wiper cowling taken in 3 times to have wax residue removed before they simply replaced it (just dyed it the first couple times, washed the truck and the dye came right off). For the brakes I was first told nothing was wrong and it could get better OR it could get worse. Second time I was told they found the problem and had fixed it(no improvement). This last time I was told a Nissan inspector came out and looked it over, and that it had gotten better, but the noise is normal. Yeah, maybe on an older car with worn out brakes. Still no improvement, every time I call I get sent from one different person to the next. Stay Away from these people. And go figure they got the Nissan Excellence Award.

#94128 - 19/10/02 07:47 AM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Sounds like you had a bad experience, that's too bad. I just took mine over there on Thursday to have some work done. We called in Tuesday and told them the CD player wouldn't always eject the disc, they preordered one and called the next day to let us know it was in. I dropped the X off in the morning for the radio, rear hatch struts (getting weak), LOF, rotate and balance, and an in-cabin air filter. The truck had not been washed from the weekend's outing so it was absolutely filthy. They called around 2:30 and said it was done. When I picked it up I found they had washed it, cleaned the inside, and even shampoo'd the carpets. When I dropped it off they had mentioned about my wife saying something about the rear end making a whine. I said it did and had since 3,400 miles (now has 35,500). They ordered a new rear diff for it and I'll take it back in next week to have it replaced.

It's too bad you had the experiences you did because they really are capable of doing things right and making customers happy.

Just out of curiousity, why do you drive all the way from Mesa to do business with them, isn't Brown & Brown or even Nissan of Scottsdale closer to you?

#94129 - 19/10/02 01:59 PM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
aguila777 Offline

Yeah, B&B is actually only 3 or 4 miles away, but when we were shopping around we got the best deal at ABC or so we thought. Once everything is all fixed I'll probably be doing most of my maintenance there instead. Just thought that since they are who I bought the truck from that I had to have them fix the initial defects. Just seemed to me they didn't really care once I drove the X off the lot. Brake problem really starting to bug me.

#94130 - 20/10/02 09:18 AM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
The warranty of a new vehicle is honored at any dealership (of the same manufacturer). You're not obligated to return to the selling dealer to have work done and can take it to the dealer of you choosing. Try one of the other dealers and see if you have a better experience, maybe they'll find something ABC didn't.

Good luck.

#94131 - 21/10/02 10:29 AM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
aguila777 Offline

Thanx.

#94132 - 23/10/02 04:04 PM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
Ask for Roy at Brown and Brown Nissan on Elliot, he'll take care of you even though you don't work in the business.

I don't know ABC at all, but will no longer take either of my vehicles to Nissan of Scottsdale. They had a good manager at one time laugh but the service there before and after, in my opinion, is horrible.

#94133 - 24/10/02 03:25 PM Re: ABC Nissan in Phx, Az.
aguila777 Offline

Thanx Stone, was planning on taking it to one of the two B&B's. Used to take my old pickup to the Tempe one. Unfortunately, I'm at a point with the brakes where I was told by ABC that nothing else can be done unless the inspector gives an ok, but since the sound is normal(supposedly) he probably wont do anything. ABC won't even talk to me anymore, lol, got mad and swore at the service managers answering maching after a month of trying to get it fixed.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal