2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94222 - 23/09/01 06:46 AM Al West Nissan in Rolla Missouri
Mark S. Leathers Offline

Loc: Rolla, Missouri
Motor knocking. Took to dealership. After three days, they said they would have to check the motor for sludge build up. Third day, pulled valve cover and found black vasoline type sludge on head. They told Nissan warranty that I had never changed my oil, because I did not keep receipts for my oil and filter purchases. 8 months ago and 9,000 ago, they had to put a new valve cover on because I kept loosing my oil filler cap. Now, either it was not sludged up then, or they just covered it up. Sure sounds strange. So, my warranty was voided, and I am having to get my engine rebuilt on my own and document everything for court purposes. Nissan really stood behind me on this one, and you know what they were doing behind me don't you. mad

#94223 - 23/09/01 09:43 AM Re: Al West Nissan in Rolla Missouri
Xodus Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
You might try heading up to Columbia to deal with Perry Nissan. From what I hear they are about the best service dealer in the state. After reading your report in the Problems and Annoyances section I dont know if any Nissan dealer will be good for you though. Good luck with this.

#94224 - 24/09/01 12:11 PM Re: Al West Nissan in Rolla Missouri
Fletch Offline

Loc: Kearney, MO
Did you write checks or pay cash for the oil supplys? Pull the checks and get the parts store to pull up your invoices. Don't know if this is feasable or not, just a suggestion.

#94225 - 24/09/01 11:20 PM Re: Al West Nissan in Rolla Missouri
Sgt. Xterra Offline

Loc: JEFFERSON CITY, MO USA
Be very careful if you go to perry nissan in columbia first of all they put a 8 to 10% markup on everything (tried to sell me a xterra xe at 29,xxx used stated they start at 35, ha priced a sticker for the roof rack they quoted 18.00 captial city crysler quoted 11 you figure it out mad

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal