2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94552 - 08/01/02 08:18 PM Grand Canyon Area Activities?
Xodus Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
Anyone know of any good Xterra related activities to do on the Grand Canyon area? I will be out there next week with my dad and we planning on doing some backpacking and camping. However, we thought it would also be cool to take an old jeep trail down to the bottom or something (if that kind of thing is even possible I dont know b/c i've never been there before). I'm not looking to do any hardcore offroading, since there will not be any other vehicles. Mostly i was just looking for the inside scoop from the locals on the cool things to do (even like a good county road).

Thanks

#94553 - 09/01/02 05:09 PM Re: Grand Canyon Area Activities?
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
There are several trails in that area. Didn't I already give you these, or was it someone else. Email me and I'll give you four or five trails, all but one is rated easy.

If you want to go to the bottom you have three choices. Mule, feet or helicopter.

Marshall

#94554 - 10/01/02 04:57 PM Re: Grand Canyon Area Activities?
XID_dup1 Offline

Loc: Phoenix,AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:

If you want to go to the bottom you have three choices. Mule, feet or helicopter.

Marshall

Marshall,

That's not totally true. If you drive over to Peach Springs on the Havasupai reservation, you can drive down to the river. I don't think this road to all that bad, probebly passable by passenger car. The locals do charge a small fee though. I've never been down there, but it's on my to-do list.

Xodus,

If you want to do some backpacking, I would recommend hike to the Havasupai village of Supai. A few miles beyond are some beautiful waterfalls. The total hike in is about 10-11 miles, one way. Otherwise as far as hikes into the main canyon, Bright Angel to the river is nice, about 9 miles. For an "easier" hike take Bright angle out to Plateau Point, about 6 miles down. If you don't have a ton of time, a nice shorter trail is South Kaibab out to Skeleton Point, about 3 miles down.

If you are comming from the Flagstaff, you should take US 180 out of Flagstaff to get to the Canyon. It's a very senic drive. The drive up from Williams (US 64 I think)isn't as nice in my opinion.

Whatever you do, take some time to sit and enjoy the Canyon. A simple 5 min glance isn't enough.

Enjoy,

Andy

#94555 - 10/01/02 07:36 PM Re: Grand Canyon Area Activities?
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
What's wrong with you boy???

Going to the Grand Canyon and you didn't even give your old buddy XROCK enough warning to meet you?

That's whack, yo!

#94556 - 13/01/02 11:08 PM Re: Grand Canyon Area Activities?
Xodus Offline

Loc: Redmond, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK:
What's wrong with you boy???

Going to the Grand Canyon and you didn't even give your old buddy XROCK enough warning to meet you?

That's whack, yo!

Haha sorry XROCK I guess I didn't make the mental connection (never was too good at geography - took me a sec to even realize that GC and Arizona go together smile ). Besides, I'm only gonna be there for a couple days and its during the week, so i figured I wouldn't be gettin much lovin from the workin folks. You'll just have to make plans for GOX and do the HXOC reunion then!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal