2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94662 - 05/07/01 02:34 PM Light off road places in Maine?
Al_in_NY Offline

Loc: western NY
Here's my situation: My wife and I have a rental house reserved in southwest Maine for the end of August. We both like to do day hikes to get off the beaten path and check out the wildlife. (Last year we encountered a moose on a trail in New Hampshire doing that!) Unfortunately, after we made our plans my wife required knee surgery, and the recovery has not gone well. In fact she has to go in for a second surgery soon.

Here's my question: Since my wife cannot do any trail hiking this year, can anyone recommend any light off road places to go in west or southwest Maine? The idea is to get off the beaten path a bit so we can enjoy the woods without much walking. Ponds and small lakes would be real nice! No hard core off roading, since my wife may not appreciate that and we will be driving around solo.

We'll be near Sebago Lake if that's any help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

------------------
Al

#94663 - 14/07/01 11:25 AM Re: Light off road places in Maine?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
how about kayaking?

a 2 person kayak could be good fun if you haven't done it. Sebago is probably perfect, or one of the many other areas, or along the coast. Good peaceful and relaxing.

Matt

------------------
Prisoner #1403952

and what did you do today?

#94664 - 26/07/01 08:05 PM Re: Light off road places in Maine?
CDXX Offline

Loc: Beverly, MA
I found some fire roads just off of Rt. 302 in the Knights Hill section of Bridgton. Travel across the causeway over Moose Pond and turn right toward Lovell just before the road to Shawnee Peak. They are on the left about a mile or so up the hill.

------------------

#94665 - 23/08/01 07:05 PM Re: Light off road places in Maine?
blckxterra Offline

Loc: Readfield, ME USA
Hey...I live in Central Maine and there are quite a few places in our area and in the Rangeley Lakes region to take your "X" of road. There are a couple off route 17, near Mooselookmeguntic Lake. One of the most beautiful spots in all of Maine. Get a Maine Gazeteer map (it's a big oversized book of maps of Maine from DeLorme Printing) You can get them from lots of places in Maine. The roads in rural Maine are well marked on the maps, and its real accurate so you show be able to find lots of places to go. Let me know if you need to know more. Have fun.
Sam
blckxterra

You're only young once...but you can be immature forever!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal