shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94718 - 19/12/01 01:13 PM Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
off2cjb Offline

Does anyone know of any good trails around these areas?

I would appreciate any info.

#94719 - 20/12/01 05:59 AM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Nothing worthwhile around Pax River, if you mean the portion down in Southern MD around the Naval Air Station. Some fields and powerlines, that's about it. You'd have to trek north into the mountians of MD or VA for any real action.

#94720 - 21/12/01 04:19 PM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
spillboy Offline

Loc: Charleston, SC
Myrtle Beach would seem like a good choice considering the overpopulation of rednecks and white trash tourists. I grew up south of there, and the best advice is to go inland (packing heat for return fire) and look for logging trails. You usually have to back pretty far on a road to meet resistance. It helps to fly a Confederate flag. If you are truly serious, travel south to Murrells Inlet on Hwy 17 South, hang a right on Wachesaw Road (you'll see a big yellow house/restaurant on the right) and take a right at the first mid-point intersection. Look on the left for a couple dirt roads. If anyone asks, tell them you are looking for "CLAY PITS", and they will steer you. The Pits is a giant bowl filled with mudholes, hills and maybe the ramp is still there. Make sure you can climb steep inclines because depending on runoff conditions, you will need a heaping headstart (or a winch) to get out. Leave it to me to buy my X in California, b/c it was a lot of fun when I was younger to go 4-wheelin' back there. If you go, please email me at mtw@callwave.com b/c I would love to hear how the place is holding up. In our hey day, the place could handle at least 12 trucks at a time.

#94721 - 21/12/01 04:59 PM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
Silver Raider Offline

Loc: Goose Creek, SC
Spillboy- Thats where my inlaws live. I haven't been there in my X but next time I go visit I'll check that spot out. It seems like there are alot of back roadsy areas down around Myrtle beach but I have no idea how challangine they might be.

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#94722 - 21/12/01 05:03 PM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
Silver Raider Offline

Loc: Goose Creek, SC
Wow! I just showed this thread to my wife and she's actually been there, God, I married a red neck!(or is she white trash???)Just Kidding , but there is potential around myrtle beach

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#94723 - 21/12/01 09:35 PM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
off2cjb Offline

Thanks for all the great info. Yes, I know exactly where that spot is located. I have never been back there, but have driven past it many times. My folks live in Garden City Beach.

#94724 - 27/12/01 03:11 PM Re: Pax River area or Myrtle Beach?
XRay Offline

Loc: The Mountains of East TN
Check out Lewis Ocean Bay; visit the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) web page for directions and info.

Lewis Ocean Bay offers light off-roading; mostly 2wd on long straight roads with stretches of deep sand. There are usually some mudholes on the roads, but this area is in a drought so all the mudholes are dry.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal