2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94792 - 07/10/02 01:39 PM Door County, WI
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Hey, we are headed to Door County for the weekend, gonna camp somewhere, looks like rain though,hope to see some of you up there, this will probably be one of the last weekend's for colors up north. [Wave]

I'm thinkin a cool crisp sunny fall morning on green bay sittin outside and have a cup of door county cherry coffee.........mmmmmmmm forbiden coffee, aarrdgghgg

#94793 - 08/10/02 09:29 AM Re: Door County, WI
Sloth Offline

Loc: MN
Should be beautiful, that's a truly great area. After a slow start, the colors are really starting to pick-up. Have a great time!

#94794 - 08/10/02 11:28 AM Re: Door County, WI
maximusdelirious Offline

Thanks, hope it will be great, I was worried, I went to the mid part of the state last weekend and it was near peak but I hear from a Green bay source it should be peak this weekend and next!!!

#94795 - 08/10/02 01:41 PM Re: Door County, WI
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Maximus- where were you that it was near peak color changing?? We were looking to go up near Iron Mt the weekend of the 25th...it may already be too late confused ....story of my life [Huh?]

#94796 - 09/10/02 01:05 PM Re: Door County, WI
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
I'm up there the week after. Max', any good camping spots? I called Potawommi (sp?) and Penninsula and those are not really out of the way camping sites, kind of clustered.

Newport is better, but I have grown to like taking the X offroad to an out of the way site and Newport is only backpack.

#94797 - 10/10/02 12:22 PM Re: Door County, WI
maximusdelirious Offline

Now my superpowers come into play, if I could just convince my WIFE I am a superhero everything will fall into place.......... [Spit]

It was peak at Mauston Wi exit on I-90 last weekend, but I hear it was all still green north of there, it was weird.

check this link WI campsite resv. for campsites up there, we are going to stay at pennisula but there is one with remote campsites, Newport State Park, WI, choose Rowleys bay, sites 7-12 I have not been to these but there is a decription,

for a little more fun goto Washington, IL they have hehe, Rock Island State Park choose lake michigan side
Quote:
"Dangerous for small children because of 15 foot cliff at edge of campsites # 15-19, and remote campsites "A - E". Accessible by boat only. No vehicles or bike riding. Primitive camping. Pit toilets only, NO flushing toilets. NO Showers, NO Electricity. Garbage is pack-it-in and pack-it-out. NO pets allowed on campsites #1 - 19, or remote sites "A - E".
Thing to keep in mind is If you choose lake mich. side and a storm blows in, good luck. you could be stuck on washington island over night, in a storm, fun maybe, stupid yes. and the ferry only runs certain times, check Washington Is. Ferry

I hope this helps if you need more info let me know. I have off tomorrow 10-11 and I'm going to get the truck dirty. [Wave]

#94798 - 10/10/02 01:02 PM Re: Door County, WI
roofgoat Offline

Loc: IL
Max, I've stayed at Newport twice and Rock Island once(which had a pack of evil flies on its North side).

Let me know how Peninsula was when you get back (was it crowded, any cool remote camping spots, etc).

#94799 - 12/10/02 05:33 AM Re: Door County, WI
maximusdelirious Offline

we are on our way as I speak!!! will do. [Wave] everybody watch for northern lights tonight. last night on AM radio I was picking up TN, Dallas, TX, washington DC and Atlanta, GA. confused

#94800 - 14/10/02 02:19 PM Re: Door County, WI
maximusdelirious Offline

OK I'm back, and in one piece, it rained all the way up Sat. so the wife wanted to stay at a hotel. After the fourth place we called laughing at her hysterically, we tried Washington Is. Got the last room left at DeerRun Golf Course. The wife loved the room I thought it was a standard room nothing fancy, advertised HBO but didn't have it "turned on". The bed was very comfy.

I will have video up of our "crossing" it was hairy Saturday but Sunday, a crisp sunny cool day, had gale warnings!!!! this was damn good fun. I was tempted to pay the $36.00 round trip fee again just for the ride, but was afraid there were going to shut it down and Monday we had meetings for work! The ride from mainland looked worse and definately took longer. I know the ferry crew was thinking, "Damn city folk out in the cold, wind and water. Dumbasses!" you could just see it, especially when the ferry capt. was not concentrating 110% on driving. What a blast, they had the Wash. Is. Apple Fest, Sister Bay had an Art Fair, Ephraim had an Ait Fair as well, Egg Harbor had Pumpkin fest, and Fish Creek had Sale days. DON'T MISS THE MARITIME MUSEUM AT GILLS ROCK! VERY COOL!

Saw a couple X's but no stickers.

The best time was eatin' Lawyers and drinking at the Granery on Washington, Is. TheY had a great 70's-80's cover band.

this is an interesting page for there, click the tp of the door. gills rock weather station

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal