shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94886 - 07/04/01 08:10 PM Road Trip
sdx Offline

Loc: Boston
A roommate and myself are going to road trip in the X and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to drink/eat/drink/sleep/drink (is it me or is their a pattern developing??) Currently we are starting out in South Dakota and heading west (Not sure, no planned destination, other then ….. Vegas) We are most likely going to stop by Colorado Springs and visit a few friends but after that, it’s wide open.

------------------
-------------
X-terra SE 4x4
Silver Ice
Of course you realize, this means war. - Bugs Bunny

[This message has been edited by sd-xterra (edited 04-08-2001).]

#94887 - 08/04/01 08:04 AM Re: Road Trip
kandacarlson Offline

Loc: United States
sd-X,

Some friends and I took a similar trip a few years ago. We started in Lawrence,KS then up through Sioux Falls to central MN, where my family owns an island and some other lake property, then across your great state and through WY to Yellowstone for a week of camping, then down to CO Springs via the ndless expanse of grass in southern WY and Rocky mtn. national forest, then back to KS.
I don't know what you're into, but I thought Yellowstone was worth the trip and pretty cheap if you bring stuff in with you (including lots of gas) and camp, especially if you've never been there. Also, we stopped at Medicine Wheel natl. monument, a mountaintop ancient native american prayer complex (free if I remember right) I thought that was cool(in northern WY).
This site http://home.earthlink.net/~mdlaird/wyoming.htm#MedicineWheel has many of the other places we went that I thought were cool. Check it out.
As far as places to eat/ drink, I don't have many recommendations, honestly, we camped most of the time, and took our food/beverages with us (we were/are poor). Rocky mtn. natl forest was fun hiking, and the Garden of the Gods in CO was a cool place to scale some rock if you're into that stuff.
Hope this helps, Have fun!

------------------
2001 SE 4x4 5-speed
Super Black

[This message has been edited by kandacarlson (edited 04-08-2001).]

#94888 - 08/04/01 12:55 PM Re: Road Trip
sdx Offline

Loc: Boston
Well only problem with that plan is i do have to get back to work sometime. I am planning on leaving the night of the 22nd (after roommate get's off work) and driving out to Colorado Springs. Spending a night there and then i have no idea. We are taking our tent and sleeping bags so anything out in the open is good. Whow knows where we end-up but i just wanted to hear about some cool places to go, so thanks for the ideas, who knows we might take a few days in yellowstone!

------------------
-------------
X-terra SE 4x4
Silver Ice
Of course you realize, this means war. - Bugs Bunny

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal