shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95152 - 11/08/03 08:13 PM The beach and the Xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are going to the OBX in a couple of weeks in the brand new xterra and I was wondering if there was anything special I should be looking after in this truck? I am used to looking after a Blazer and other american trucks(washing down underneath for the bearings and stuff) but am not sure about this truck. Any feedback about the sand and salt is appreciated.

#95153 - 11/08/03 08:25 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
get the rubber mats from xterraparts.com or some other retailer.

Worth their weight in gold, esp. in sand.

I put the carpet mats back in my X for the summer - about to ditch them for the rubber mats permanently - so much easier to keep the interior clean.

#95154 - 11/08/03 08:30 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah there are the rubber mats in there right now and we are about to buy the husky cargo liner.

#95155 - 11/08/03 08:35 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
i use a fan style water sprinkler under the truck (after it has cooled off) and leave in on about 30 min to try and get as much salt off as possible, heck do it on your lawn so you can water the grass while your at it. laugh

#95156 - 11/08/03 08:37 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Drop the tire pressure to about 12 - 15psi at the beach and you will have great traction smile

-Rick

#95157 - 11/08/03 08:57 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
if you do, just don't drive to fast and make sure you can air the tires up shortly after leaving the beach let's say 2 miles or less you need to get air back in there as heat will build up quickly on pavement. but you will get much better traction especially with the stock tires.

#95158 - 11/08/03 09:03 PM Re: The beach and the Xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah down at the OBX they have free water and air at every gas station and at some beach ramps so I wouldn't be traveling too far from the beach to get the air and water. At the gas station you get the water but you have to bring your own hose nozzle and there is always a hose and water source at a house that we rent down there. I just want to make sure that sand and salt doesn't penetrate into the bearings and fitting more than usual

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal