2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96422 - 14/04/04 03:28 PM Cleaning up after mudding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys, I did a search on this and didn't find anything, chances are I will get a response saying I didn't search hard enough cause I am sure this has been talked about here but I was wondering what I should clean after I go mudding, I was told somewhere that I shouldn't clean the engine but something like the engine tray. I don't know a ton about pieces of cars and all so if someone could tell me what I should make sure to get when cleaning and where to get to these places in the truck...thanks

#96423 - 14/04/04 03:45 PM Re: Cleaning up after mudding
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Search the Appearance forum with the subjects "mud" , "muddy" and "muddy engine" and it looks like there is plenty there to get you started.

#96424 - 14/04/04 04:26 PM Re: Cleaning up after mudding
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just go to the local car wash place, rent a power washer and search for mudd anywhere in the under carriage... usually where you see a little... there is a lot more hidden. if you look under the skid plates there is a lot of mudd... make sure you clear it away from moving parts.. you dont want sand a grit getting into barrings.

if you are going to wash the motor, make sure its cold and everything is off. and be somewhere where you can leave it off for a while.

someone already has suggested... get a sprinkler, one of those ones that sway back and forth... and just leave it under your X while moving it around about every twenty minutes... after about an hour most of the mudd should be removed.

#96425 - 14/04/04 05:58 PM Re: Cleaning up after mudding
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
I just go to the local car wash place, rent a power washer and search for mudd anywhere in the under carriage... usually where you see a little... there is a lot more hidden. if you look under the skid plates there is a lot of mudd... make sure you clear it away from moving parts.. you dont want sand a grit getting into barrings.

if you are going to wash the motor, make sure its cold and everything is off. and be somewhere where you can leave it off for a while.

someone already has suggested... get a sprinkler, one of those ones that sway back and forth... and just leave it under your X while moving it around about every twenty minutes... after about an hour most of the mudd should be removed.
I'm sure that would work but the thought of it cracks me up.

I can see my fiance asking me, "Are you watering the truck?"

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal