2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96779 - 16/06/03 03:02 PM Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My kid is always encouraging me (much to the chagrin of my wife) to "take it in the dirt". I don't know what it is about her, but far be it from me to say no to that angelic voice. smile Hey, who needs boys right?

Anyway, what are some good areas in Southern CA. around the LA area. I have taken her to Hungy Valley already and was looking for a change. She loves the bouncing as well as the smallish obsticles and thinks water crossings are great. I don't have a lift yet so am a tad limited....but not too bad off. I just can't get too hairball with her in the truck. Any suggestions?

#96780 - 16/06/03 04:11 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Check out SCCXterra.com. We go out almost every weekend. Great group of people.

Jason

#96781 - 17/06/03 07:29 AM Re: Where to take the kid?
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Join us when you can, I have a 3 and a 4 year old who i take out regularly, my daughter loves it and my son (if he is not getting car sick) enjoys himself too. This club has really grown since its inception and quite of few of us have small children now. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
BTW wives are welcome to come along too! smile

#96782 - 17/06/03 07:34 AM Re: Where to take the kid?
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
I too have a 4 and 5 year old that I take with me everywhere I go, just ask anybody in the club. Don't be afraid to tackle some of the harder stuff too, you might be suprised how much the kids really enjoy it.

#96783 - 17/06/03 02:17 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to know...I have seen your site a couple of times but have not been to an event yet. I can't say that this weekend is good since I promised my 4 year old that I would take her fishing, but I will try and hook up with your guys soon.

Thanks again for the replys.

#96784 - 17/06/03 04:17 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
And you'll be amazed at what they can sleep through too. My 4-year-old has conked out and slept through some pretty rough stuff, it's bizzare.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#96785 - 19/06/03 04:21 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
BooBear Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
And you'll be amazed at what they can sleep through too. My 4-year-old has conked out and slept through some pretty rough stuff, it's bizzare.

Brent
Yeah our kids pass out all the time! I don't understand it but oh well they enjoy it. Anytime you want to go to Calico(after Allen gets the body lift on)just let us know. We aren't too far from there. How old is your daughter?
hope to see you soon.
RENEE

#96786 - 19/06/03 04:57 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Yeah all kids have a great time smile I've been taking my daughter wheelin' since she was 11 months old. The rougher the going gets the most she seems to enjoy [LOL] pretty hard at times and gives me that “again” look / talk.

The kids normally play together nicely on the stops, lunch, breaks and they really enjoy the outdoors. My daughter loves to collect stuff, smell the flowers, climb rocks, etc. After a long day exploring & bopping around she falls asleep quickly and normally takes at least one truck nap during the day.

BTW we normally have xcursions the 3rd weekend of the month at a minimum to make planning easier.

Hope to see you and the family soon
Brian

#96787 - 19/06/03 11:58 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
My daughter, now 2 yrs old, has been to SCCX xcursions since she was 4 months old and she just enjoys travelling. I'm shopping for a good LCD screen now for a mini DVD player my wife bought which I'm installing in the backseat area.

#96788 - 20/06/03 09:06 AM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Renee:
[QUOTE]How old is your daughter?
hope to see you soon.
RENEE
She is 4. I have another daughter 2 as well.

#96789 - 20/06/03 09:09 AM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
BTW we normally have xcursions the 3rd weekend of the month at a minimum to make planning easier.

Hope to see you and the family soon
Brian
Sounds really good. Kate (my wife) is taking my oldest out the weekend of the 28th, but I am sure that my youngest will want to go. Any excuse for her to ride in the truck is a good one in her book. Anything going on that Sat?

#96790 - 21/06/03 06:11 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's some really nice trails up in the Santa Clarita area (near Magic Mtn). They're all pretty easy, improved dirt roads with enough ruts and water crossings to keep things interesting. One of my favorites is Cold Water Cny (not 100% sure of that name). It runs between San Franciscito Cny Rd. to Lake Hughes Rd. above Castaic. It's great either way you go with most of the larger water crossings being in the last mile before Lake Hughes Rd. There are several roads that tie into the main trail, some actually go up some pretty good peaks, but most end at a gate. All the roads are super easy for anyone with 4wd and some common sense. Right below S.F. Rd is some type of steel building frame - my guess is that it has something to do with keeping debris from clogging the 10ft. diameter pipe that runs under the road. I've set up ropes off of this structure and sent my 8 yr old neice down on a pulley to make a really nice zip line. Even better, us "adults" rig up a pendulum inside the structure and swing inside attached via a harness - crazy scary and definately not something for the youngsters. Some parts of the trail are pretty narrow with significant drops if you go too fast so its best not to fly through. I'd be willing to lead a trip there for anyone who wants to go. I'll bring my ropes as well. I usually try to make all my trips midweek but I might be up for a weekend.

#96791 - 23/06/03 08:41 AM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Wallrat:
There's some really nice trails up in the Santa Clarita area (near Magic Mtn). They're all pretty easy, improved dirt roads with enough ruts and water crossings to keep things interesting. One of my favorites is Cold Water Cny (not 100% sure of that name). It runs between San Franciscito Cny Rd. to Lake Hughes Rd. above Castaic. It's great either way you go with most of the larger water crossings being in the last mile before Lake Hughes Rd. .
I know that road. Drinkwater flat 4X4 area is up that way too. I was going to take the girls up there this weekend, probably on Sunday. I need a good excuse to do away with what is left of my tires so I can get some new 32's. laugh

#96792 - 23/06/03 07:03 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to ride motorcycles all over that area when I was a kid. We'd cross drinkwater flat from Haskell Cny. over to San Franciscito then take cold water to lake hughes rd and cross just up the road to go out near Pyramid Lake. I've explored every mile of road in those mountains (back then we used to carry bolt cutters with us to get through the gates). There's plenty of good trails that don't require bolt cutters. Have fun and lemme know if you wanna meet up sometime.

#96793 - 26/06/03 07:04 PM Re: Where to take the kid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am heading up to Drinkwater this Sunday with the girls...any takers?

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal