shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96992 - 10/11/06 11:38 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, fixed the front bumper and the rear bumper is on despite hitting the tow hitch. What a p.i.t.a. It all turned out great though and looks stock except for the bottom plastic cover piece to the front bumper that is 2" lower than it should be, still looks good though. I had to dr-drill the holes in the rear and it took some time to get them to line up. My measurements were just a tad off so I had to dremel them out. I also had to cut out 2 sections on the bottom of the rear bumper to make room for the hitch. If SLR would get me my shackles after ordering them over 2 weeks ago and they still haven't even shipped them, I could be done with this project. The KC Daylighters are going on tomorrow along with the Calmini bracket.

#96993 - 10/11/06 01:43 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome, you already go the idler arm brace?

#96994 - 10/11/06 03:42 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered it right after you emailed me. I was planning on getting one anyways. Cheap insurance. They said it should be here tomorrow but who knows.

#96995 - 13/11/06 10:58 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, lights are on. the wife hates them and is embarassed to drive my X so I took off the smiley covers for her. Whatever. Still no bracket and still no word on the F-ing shackles. 3 weeks and counting and they haven't even been shipped? WTF? Last time I buy anything from SLR.

#96996 - 13/11/06 02:10 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

any pics Jason?

#96997 - 14/11/06 08:22 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
Alright, lights are on. the wife hates them and is embarassed to drive my X so I took off the smiley covers for her. Whatever. Still no bracket and still no word on the F-ing shackles. 3 weeks and counting and they haven't even been shipped? WTF? Last time I buy anything from SLR.
Where'd you get the lights and the light bar? I'm looking into that as well.

#96998 - 14/11/06 12:55 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got the lights off eBay and just mounted them to the front bumper. There are only 2 for now so I did not want to put them up top. I think that looks better with 4 up there. Just used the extra brackets from the BL to mount them. They look great and work great. 50 bones of ebay. They are like brand new. SLR has still not shipped the shackles yet. I might give them a call right now to cancel the order. This is nuts.

#96999 - 14/11/06 03:23 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
SLR has still not shipped the shackles yet.
Been a while. Keep in mind though, that a lot of after market companies that most X owners deal with here first receive the order and then make the parts (like bumpers or whatever). They may not have a big warehouse to store a lot of pre-made stuff. I dunno...

I don't think it took me that long to get shackles from Calmini, though.

#97000 - 14/11/06 05:01 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR makes them as orders come in, I guess its not as easy for you East coasters to just drive out and pick them up...

#97001 - 14/11/06 05:05 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
SLR actually build things such as shackles in batches. When they put together the next set of ten orders they get built and then sent off to powder coat. As is the case here, they are often held up by their material vendors and powder coaters.

This batch has been built and is at powder coat and just waiting to be finished there.

#97002 - 29/11/06 11:39 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got the shackles today

#97003 - 29/11/06 11:57 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Got the shackles today
MXO Mod day!!! Jason needs shackles installed and I need a PML. Too bad this weather is going into the shitter... Heated garage anyone?

#97004 - 29/11/06 12:33 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm up for a mod day! I can always help out.

Count me in. Sound like both of you guys will be doing a PML.

#97005 - 30/11/06 08:18 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

I might be able to work on them in my friends garage. It is not heated but it stays warm for some reason. Brand new 11,000 sq. ft house. with a good sized 3+ car garage. I will let you guys know. Otherwise, there is always my driveway. I need a bigger garage. Maybe next summer I can bulldoze mine and rebuild. That is the plan if I can swing it cash wise. Plan on Sat.

#97006 - 30/11/06 09:04 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah. Outside isn't gonna work no more.

We're expecting up to 8 inches of snow on Friday. laugh Can't wait!

#97007 - 30/11/06 01:53 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup!! Suppossed to hit around midnight. Nothing like staying out late and hitting the streets before the plows get to them. Good times. I wish I had my tires on. Planning on Sat, missed it by 1 day. Tony, did you ever get lights?

#97008 - 01/12/06 11:36 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Yup!! Suppossed to hit around midnight. Nothing like staying out late and hitting the streets before the plows get to them. Good times. I wish I had my tires on. Planning on Sat, missed it by 1 day. Tony, did you ever get lights?
No, I did not get lights yet. My buddy's got a pair of HELLA 500s or 550s laying around. But they don't have the mount to them. I need to see where I can find the mounts and how much they are, then we'll see if I wanna get them or not. I have not decided yet.

For now I'm in process of getting full skids for my truck.

#97009 - 04/12/06 10:47 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

PML is officially done!! About friggin' time. Thank god for heated/well insulated garages. It is now 9 degrees out with 12 in. of snow. I had to make some adjustments to the t bars on Sun morning. SUCKED!!!

#97010 - 13/12/06 06:48 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Before the KC Daylighters

After the KCs

BL, already on thanks to Tony and Kris. Now just working on the shackles and T-bars in my friend's garage...
Before the T-bar crank...

After the T-bar crank.

Shackles...

PML is done with the 2"BL. Now just waiting to put on my tires. I am supposed to be doing it today but I got called into work. mad

Next mods will be the tires obviously. They are actually in the back of the X just waiting, hopefully an ARB bumper, aftermarket shocks, and I still need to put on the Calmini idler arm brace that is sitting in my basement.

#97011 - 13/12/06 08:28 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Truck looks great - resize the pics to 640x480 before you get flamed down to a tiny pile of ash.

The before/after the PML pics must have been before/after both the PML and the body lift, right? That's a HUGE amount of lift for a pml..

#97012 - 13/12/06 09:18 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Resizing them now. I had already done the BL, just never took pictures of it. My wife lost our camera so I had to buy a new one. So these are the pics of the PML with the BL on.

#97013 - 13/12/06 09:28 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get the tires on soon, I wanna see pics with the tires, Jason.

#97014 - 13/12/06 09:35 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, me too. I just can't catch a break. You can kinda see them in the last pictures through the rear window. All four of them are in there and they barely fit.

#97015 - 13/12/06 09:45 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are those tubular things below the doors? laugh

Looks good.

#97016 - 13/12/06 12:25 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahhh yes. Those wonder pieces of plastic (side rails/steps) are there for my lovely wife to get in and out of the X with. She drives it in the winter while her car is in storage. I get the joy of walking to the train station and driving it on the weekends and I take it out in the summer every now and then. As soon as I can cough up $400 bucks for some shrocks, they will be on. Just not a priority right now. [Finger]

I need to wash all the salt off too. It looks like crap. Not as clean as bpc's. [LOL]

By the way, that yellow corvette in the background on some of those pictures is a work in progress. New block, new drivetrain, going with a HUGE single turbo set up. Looking to push 800+ hp. It is going to be a monster and the guy is not even 21 yet! Nice first car.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal