shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97017 - 17/12/06 10:45 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bump

Where are the pics with the new mtr's dude!

#97018 - 18/12/06 06:50 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK. Here's the pics of the MTR's on and the truck freshly washed. I couldn't get the Calmini brace on. The bolts are rusted on & I didn't feel like busting them off.

Had to trim the plastic a little on the front.

#97019 - 18/12/06 07:17 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Looks good, except for the stupid step rails.

wink

Just take them off w/o replacing them with Shrocks.

It will look much better, and, the wife will love the extra excersize she gets jumping in and out of the truck.

My wife even developed decent hang time.

laugh

That way - when she bitches about it...mention that shrock makes steps/sliders specifically for X's with 2" BL's, and you love her so much, you will get them for her right away.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#97020 - 18/12/06 07:56 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

She's lookin' good! Yeah, the rails gotta go. laugh

#97021 - 18/12/06 07:59 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice....easy on the tire shine! laugh

#97022 - 18/12/06 09:18 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know, I know. I don't really have $300 bucks to spend on sliders right now. Just got my CC bill. Yikes, and I haven't even started XMas shopping yet! I am very happy with the tires though. They ride great, and are not noisy at all. Granted, they are louder than the stockers, but I am surprised at how little they humm when going down the road.

Did you guys have a hard time getting the nuts off to put on your idler arm braces? Those F-ing things are on there good!! I had a 3ft. piece of pipe on my ratchet and they started to budge but you could tell they didn't want to and I didn't want to risk snapping them.

How was Dave and Busters?

#97023 - 18/12/06 09:22 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

33's?

[ThumbsUp]

#97024 - 18/12/06 09:39 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
TJ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
I know, I know. I don't really have $300 bucks to spend on sliders right now.
Its free to take off the step rails...not $300.

laugh

Oh, and pre-soak the nuts in nut blaster, it works better than wd-40, etc....a week of that, and they should come off w/o stripping, etc.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#97025 - 18/12/06 09:48 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

33's, yup. The wife seriously has a hard time getting in so we'll see. Check out the buy/sell section assholes. [Finger]

Yeah, I was already soaking them with PB blaster. The last thing I need is to break something on this. Our only vehicle right now. [LOL]

#97026 - 18/12/06 10:22 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never have a hard time getting my nuts off. [LOL]

On a serious note, though, those nuts are hard to get off and you might need to use PB blaster once or twice.

Keep in mind that you will need two rathets. One on the bold and one on the nut on the other side, otherwise it will just spin in place.

Also, when you put the brace on there, the bottom big washer that's on there now has to go. The brace is designed to be used without it.

ETA: see our MXO thread regarding D&B. Basically it was just me, BPC and his wife out there. eek

#97027 - 18/12/06 10:26 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

#97028 - 18/12/06 01:06 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
TJ Offline

You shouldn't breed with short women...then the kids are short too, and then THEY'LL want steps to get in as well....nip this sort of thing in the bud, marry tall women.

laugh

#97029 - 18/12/06 02:02 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I'm 6'3" and she's 5'8" so I think we'll be fine. laugh

Hell, I have to grab the sterring wheel to kind pull myself in. I put in the all season floor mats and those suckers are slick! Doesn't help the situation.

#97030 - 18/12/06 02:14 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
TJ Offline

The secret is to approach the opening at a 45 degree angle, and just do a short sideways hop onto the seat so your legs slide under the steering wheel, and your butt clears the seat.

You don't even NEED a step if you are over 5' tall and in reasonable health.

At 5'8", your wife should be able to leap 4" into the air, so her butt clears the passenger seat...and if she has gravity induced challanges that preclude 4" of air, then the aluminum steps wouldn't have lasted long anyway...and the steel sliders are overdue.

wink

From a safety perspective, the sliders add very real side impact protection...so if you love your wife or children, they are an investment in their safety.

Well, I suppose even if you don't...

Anyway - I see you ARE selling the steps (E-Bay seems to be the fastest way so far, short of a local yokel...), so you are on your way...and, I hope you know we're just busting your stones on this.

laugh

#97031 - 18/12/06 02:20 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

ALL this peer pressure... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! [Crybaby]

#97032 - 18/12/06 02:59 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
TJ Offline

Another hash mark on the 'ol key board.

laugh

#97033 - 20/12/06 11:59 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

No bites yet. They are up here and on Craigslist. bpc jumped on the ones for sale I was going to get. Congrats. [Rainbow]

[Finger]

maybe I'll swing by Mt. prospect and "borrow" them one night while you are sleeping. [Laughing]

#97034 - 20/12/06 12:46 PM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
No bites yet. They are up here and on Craigslist. bpc jumped on the ones for sale I was going to get. Congrats. [Rainbow]

[Finger]

maybe I'll swing by Mt. prospect and "barrow" them one night while you are sleeping. [Laughing]
What are you going to do with a wheel'barrow' while I'm sleeping? Does it entail squealing like a pig? [Finger]

BTW. See post about group buy on MXO.

#97035 - 22/12/06 11:01 AM Re: ! HELP ! - Lift / Tires -
Anonymous
Unregistered

Corrected. [Finger]
thanxs azhole fore finding my speling errer. [Smoking]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal