shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98120 - 11/03/06 11:06 AM 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

If doing a 2" BL on an X with a stock front bumper, will it absolutely need relocation brackets; meaning, will the way the stock bumper is mounted interfere with the BL, or is it just gonna be a gap as is the case with aftermarket bumpers?

#98121 - 11/03/06 11:29 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

i relocated my stock bumber after my 2in. bodylift, it was easy, just made 2 inch brackets to hold up the bumper. looks like it dide befor the bodylift, ill take some pics.

#98122 - 11/03/06 11:36 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

#98123 - 11/03/06 11:40 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanaks for the pic! I have a 2" BL on mine but I have a Shrockworks bumper. I'm helping a buddy tomorrow with his Bl but he's running stock bumper.

I won't have the ability to make the brackets on such short notice, do you know where I could pick them up?

Also, it looks like there will be 4 brackets needed, correct?

Thanks for the quick reply. 5 trucks for you!

#98124 - 11/03/06 03:48 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got all of my equipment to raise the front bumper at Lowes Hardware. Just used 4, 2" pipe fittings to raise it (two on each side), w/ longer bolts. It's been raised like this for 1+ years and there have been no problems. Solid as a rock.

The pipe fittings were: Black 3/4 x 2.0" - $0.76 a piece
Bolts were: M8-1.25x70 - $2.26 a piece
Washers/nuts were: M8-1.25 - $1.64 a piece

Before
[img]http://www.lykofos.com/xterra/bl/IMG_5240[/img]

After
[img]http://www.lykofos.com/xterra/bl/IMG_5255[/img]

#98125 - 11/03/06 08:25 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did the same with the 2" long pipe nipples on my '01, except I used 1/4" diameter nipples, so that the the bolt filled most of the interior of the nipple, allowing less room for the nipple to shift around. I believe the smaller diameter nipple required a couple of extra washers, directly above and below the nipple though, due to the larger diameter of the bolt holes in the braces. I left the corner braces (support rods) just tucked up in the well somewhere, temporarily....until I ordered the Shrock bumper, that is. laugh

#98126 - 12/03/06 01:31 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually my bodylift came with these 4 black metal plat brackets that were two inches long, i didnt know what they were for so i used them for raising the bumper up 2 inches.

#98127 - 12/03/06 02:23 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

are those the only 2 brackets that hold the bumper on?

#98128 - 12/03/06 03:57 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used 2 "hardened rubber spacers" (NHL approved) on each side to give the 2" lift I needed...I actually left it at about 1 3/4" to give a little extra space between the bumper and body. The "spacers" were perfect as they are hard enough to keep everythign tight but have a minimal amount of give to not have any rattles or anything in my beat up front bumper. Will post pics as soon as I get some.... laugh

#98129 - 12/03/06 08:12 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by geo:
Actually my bodylift came with these 4 black metal plat brackets that were two inches long, i didnt know what they were for so i used them for raising the bumper up 2 inches.
Those 4 plates were intended to be support extension brackets for the body. They get mounted 2 per side, between the existing mounting point on the body and the existing bracket at the middle body bolt location (just behind the front doors)...they are pretty tight behind the pinch seam, you may have to bend it out a tad to get them on. Many people don't realize what they are really for, and subsequently don't install them... the truth is that they probably aren't all that important anyway.

#98130 - 13/03/06 08:10 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those are not the brackets he is referring to. I know since I was there when it went on and the site mounts had the new brackets installed on them.

I know that for the stock bumpers you can get brackets from AC that well do the relocation. Don't use them for the aftermarket bumpers thought.

#98131 - 14/03/06 09:38 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

geo, did you have to drill a hole on the frame for the bolts?

#98132 - 14/03/06 09:48 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kris, it seems to me from the pics posted that the '02+ has a slightly different bumper. There's no bottom piece on there (that you have) that's preventing you from raising the bumper. The bottom part of your bumper kinda wraps under the frame horns and the bumper support that's attached to the frame horns. '02s and up don't have that and this it's easier to lift up. I'm sure it can still be done.

Anyone got a pic of a '00 or an '01 stock bumper relocation brackets?

#98133 - 14/03/06 07:49 PM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by reddevil07:
geo, did you have to drill a hole on the frame for the bolts?
Nope i just used the stock bolts for the bottom part that go into the frame and then new bolts and nuts for the top part that hold the bumper to the brackets.

#98134 - 16/03/06 04:42 AM Re: 2" BL bumper relocation bracket question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is what I did to relocate the stock front bumper.

End result was this:

Before the lift:

After the lift:

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal