shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98566 - 19/10/03 12:39 PM A question about liability and organized events...
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
This question is mainly about 4x4 trips during organized events such as the upcoming Octoberfest event the SEXC and the SXFC are hosting.

Do any other clubs out there have disclaimers during club sanctioned events? I was thinking about doctoring up a waiver I have from one of my cycling tours.

Anyone have any input on this? confused confused

#98567 - 19/10/03 06:59 PM Re: A question about liability and organized events...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
NOAS recently cooked up a waiver for the fall run next weekend, and I posted a well-organized local club's disclaimer in the thread on the AC board.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#98568 - 20/10/03 05:17 AM Re: A question about liability and organized events...
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Good, so that idea isn't as crazy as it seems then. My friends over at the Land Rover club were the ones who said that we should look into a liability waiver for any organized event. I'll take a look at the one you posted on the AC board.

Thanks Brent!

#98569 - 20/10/03 07:26 AM Re: A question about liability and organized events...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
In order to RSVP for WestX I make everyone agree to this disclaimer... basicly just a page that has this info... if you click "agree" it generates and e-mail with the correctly formatted subject and body, unless I get that exact Email I don't consider someone RSVPed...

anyway, heres the disclaimer(borrowed from several club and event sites):
-------------------------------
By sending your RSVP E-mail you agree to the following

Disclaimer: All information contained in the WestX web site as well as information in the hyperlinks do not constitute an endorsement or promotion of any private persons or business enterprises. They are presented as a “public service” and are included for reference only.

WestX is not an organization for off road trips, WestX started as a group of Nissan Xterra Owners who decided to head out to the desert for the weekend, and had such a good time they decided to share the experience by inviting all Nissan Xterra owners to join them. WestX is not an organized or sanctioned event, but rather a private group of individuals who like to get together and share good times. We cannot in anyway be held responsible for any damage, injury and/or loss to yourself, your vehicle, and/or any property. We expect everyone who attends to conduct themselves in a responsible, legal, and courteous manner.

Activities appearing or described on the WestX website or exhibited at WestX may be potentially dangerous. We do not endorse any such activity for others or recommend it to any particular person, we simply describe our experiences and opinions. If you choose to engage in any of these activities, it is by your own free will and at your own volition. We urge everyone who attends to use common sense when engaging in any activity. Do not take unwise risks, consult a certified professional if you are not sure of something. The WestX "hosts" and the authors of the WestX website assume no liability for how any particular individual chooses to use the information presented on the website and at WestX.

Remember: Safety first, always use common sense. Never drink and drive, either on or off-road! Never drive in conditions you are not comfortable with. Always wear safety belts and use all appropriate safety equipment. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to become familiar with all the safety requirements prior to any run. Every driver is responsible for their own safety and the safety of any passenger. The responsibility of knowing the difficulty and intricacies of any trail lies soley with each individual participant and is in no way the responsility of any of the WestX "hosts". Once the information has been given it is up to each driver to know their driving abilities and what their vehicle can handle.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal