shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98852 - 01/12/03 07:30 PM Lev-o-guage pitching, rolling
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know at what degree a stock X will tip over while pitching? And also while rolling? Since I just bought my X, I went wheeling and had both front wheels in the air while trying to climb an ice hill,I let off the gas and the front end came back down hard, Unfortunately I did not have a lev-o-guage at the time but I plan on installing them soon.

#98853 - 01/12/03 07:35 PM Re: Lev-o-guage pitching, rolling
Anonymous
Unregistered

Huh? Does that mean you jumped an ice hill and your front end caught air? You freaked out, took your foot off the gas and came down?

#98854 - 02/12/03 09:25 AM Re: Lev-o-guage pitching, rolling
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I've had my Lev-o-gage lightly "pegged" roll-wise at a bit over 45 degrees before, and I wouldn't advise it. This is about 40 degrees.

I pegged it at 45 and managed to get a little daylight under the right front tire a time or two as I proceeded. Here\'s some video .

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#98855 - 02/12/03 02:25 PM Re: Lev-o-guage pitching, rolling
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I've pegged mine at +/-45 in pitch and kept going. I give up when the tires start wanting to lift off the ground. Going up be ready to slam the transmission into reverse and give it gas. Sometimes that can keep you from rolling over. Going down hill be ready to goose it if the back feels like it want to flip up. It sounds like you got lucky.

Brent, didn't you have the old pathfinder drawing of the tipover angles.

#98856 - 02/12/03 05:28 PM Re: Lev-o-guage pitching, rolling
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Ah, I love a challenge... Took about 5 mins to dig it up:
http://history.nissan.co.jp/TERRANO/R50/0109/MECHANISM/frame3.html

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal