I didn't mean to be harsh - but its not as rediculous as you think.

Froma functional stand point, a minivan has more function as a street vehical.

To take a less personal tack....I'll use my old jeeps as an example instead....

A Jeep Wrangler is a lousy commuter car...as all the extra weight, and ground clearance, etc...does nothing for you ON ROAD...it just eats more gas, has lousy handling for a 2+2 convertible, etc.

People buy them because they think it looks cool/they want to project an image.

Are they more macho if they drive something that looks more macho? I don't think what you drive says who you are, as much as it says who you want to look like.

laugh

4wd doesn't show, so there's no advantage to getting it if its about looks.

_________

As for the argument that if you get a 4wd, you'll drive crazy and be more likely to get into trouble...its a double edged sword....

I see it all the time....Ford Exploders crashing all over the place on the TPK when its slick out...because they forget that while they can GO, they can't stop any better, etc.

laugh

On the other hand...its like arguing that food should be banned, because some people eat too much and die from heart attacks, etc.

So - I am not saying you can't have a 2wd, or a unicycle, etc...just saying that it seems silly to get a 2wd SUV instead of a 2wd with more advantages/better function...made possible when a heavy frame and other SUV features can be left off, etc.

So - I'm saying it seems silly, to me.

You are saying the looks are more important than the function....to you.

I see no conflict....as neither of us are making the other one's payments.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif