The tornado is a good idea except.... the X is not an environment it works well in.

The idea of making the incoming air swirl is great - but there is a balance, and the best area to induce swirl is right before the intake valves. It's something the engine designers take into account when designing valves and combustion chambers.

But the tornado is way to far upstream to make a difference (in fact it's more of a restriction). MAF screens straighten out the air flow for accurate metering, throttle plates let small crescent shaped areas pass while blocking most of the intake tube, and on SC's the vanes would totally break up swirl, not to mention the distribution across multiple intake ports below...

The fuel magnets supper the same type of problems. Yes, magnets do change molecule alignment and some studies show it's easier to burn in a lab environment, but try putting that "aligned" fuel through the twists and turns of a fuel rail, much less the regulator and the magnetic fields in an injector, and you've got nothing to show.

I will give fuel line (maybe even air intake) magnets one benefit: They may be strong enough to hold/pull ferrous contaminants (metal particles) out of the stream and keep them from getting into the engine. Strong enough ones do help keep oil cleaner. But unless you can periodically get rid of that buildup (by changing a fuel/air filter containing the magnets maybe?) I would be scared the stuff would eventually break off and clog something or cause a blockage.

I'm suprised someone hasn't come out with a magnetic air filter yet or even an electrostatic one.... keep watching ebay! wink