You're at's are gonna be nearly worthless in the mud, especially in the clay mud that is notorious in the badlands and just about everywhere else in the midwest.

1. Try to clean out your tread whenever possible. If they get caked over, spin them out on the first patch of dry land.

2. Bring at least 1 gallon of spare water. This can be used to wash out your alternator if it gets filled with mud. You will know it when the charging light comes on. Its also good for splashing off your windows before you turn on the wipers and scratch the glass. Maybe get distilled water too, iin case you need to top off your radiator from a leak or overheat.

3. I bring my waders when I go mudding. If you get stuck in 1 inch deep or 1 foot deep, you're still gonna be the guy hooking up your own tow strap.

4. When washing off your truck make sure to clean out your wheels and brakes. Also, if you're washing the engine, never use the high-pressure.....you'll penetrate sealed connections and cause damage.

If you're going through deep water, you should put a thin coating of grease on the door seals. It is good to close all the windows and turn on the air. This will create positive pressure within the cab so that you can fight water coming through the door seals. I got this one from a fellow XOC'r.
Above all, keep your pedal to the floor.