I had read somewhere that a few folks were planning on running Pardoes Rd. on 8/14-15 and camping out. I can't seem to find that thread right now [edit: here it is ], but I'd like to find out if anyone is interested in running the Pardoes Rd. trail, which is about 1/2-hour northeast of Jackson on Hwy 88. Here are some pics I dug up from a trip in 2001.

Options include:
A) a 2-day camping trip, running the entire trail from west to east (campsite likely after the second rock garden). *Modified vehicles recommended

B) a 2-day camping trip, with the campsite just after or very near to the first rock garden, and exiting the trail the same way we enter. *Stock vehicles (sans mudflaps and sidesteps) welcome! This trip would be very leisurely, and would probably get you home on Sunday before traffic in Tracy gets heavy.

C) a 1-day trip on Saturday, entering and exiting from the west, with a turnaround point just after or very near to the first rock garden. The vehicle requirements are the same as B), but you don't have to pack for camping, and you'll need to plan for a long day.

Depending on the interest in the various options, we can decide how to coordinate rendezvous locations and times.

Who's interested? Specify A, B, or C for your option preference.

1. XPLORx4; any option