Quote:
Originally posted by BlueXBlue:
Well, that leads us back to BRT. I know what the snow level is there: 0. The campground is really quite nice with trees and river a plenty (if we get the best one). The trouble is: everyone else will want to get it first, and unless someone goes up on Thursday, I doubt we'll get it (unless we really move... ) As for the scenery, look at these pics from Oct 2003: BarneyRiley 2003 cool
It takes a good 3 hrs to get from the road to the campsite, and they are well spent hours that I wouldn't rather spend doing anything else. laugh
Having said all that... I quite like snow, and I'd like to run Deer Valley if we can do it. One thing is definite: I'll be camping in the Sierra Nevadas July 4th weekend and y'all are welcome to join in.
I'm in for either of these trails. I have never done Dear Valley, but would love to. As for BRT, I love that trail as well. If you chose BRT, I can get to the trail head early (say 7:00 am) and head in the get the good camp site. I might even be able to go up the day before. We shall see. Let me know.

[Wave]
Casper