My thoughts and best wishes go out to all in SoCal I grew up in Whittier, Ca moved to Az when I was 22. It makes me so sad to see what is happing. I went through a couple earthquakes and I know how hard it can be and I could only imagine a fire. At least with a quake you can recover items with a fire that is not going to happen. I know a lot of these area's and the size of the area's involved and I do not think most understand how large these area's are pictures do no justice.
XterracerX what amazing picture kind of gives you a little preception in to this.
That saddest thing of all someone started most of these fires. I saw on the news one homeowner wanted 15min with them. SHIT I would not even waste that much time give me a gun and a few rounds and maybe 45sec.
One last thing that has pissed me off how the media keep comparing this to Katrina, ya know what the only difference I see in Ca the residents evacuated when they were told to do so and when they were told to, which left the emergency crews to deal with the fire and the volunteers to help at the specified shelters.
Sure in Katrina I know they needed more help but how much worse did the residents make it,look how thin the residents spread the resources, making all that were there to help with aid, search the whole city house by house street by street instead of providing aid they were told to get out and they did nothing. Look how much better it has been on the relief side of things because residents did what they were told to.