Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
[b]When I think about Paul.. I remember a quote from the Simpsons. "Go ahead.. throw your vote away!" [LOL]
If everyone didn't feel that way and went ahead and placed their vote for him, THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN! I don't understand this. I'd rather vote for him, who I support wholeheartedly, than for someone else "who has a better chance of winning" even though I think they suck and have not offered valid solutions to today's issues. Why NOT make a statement and vote for someone who I personally think is brave and has a consistent voting record in Congress (So they call him Dr. No? At least he stands up for what he believes in and has been consistent throughout his career!) and is not scared to speak the truth instead of just spewing what most people "want to hear".

It's like Bill Maher said when he had Dr. Paul on his show: "If America was a smarter country, wouldn't you be leading the polls?"

I am not scared to vote for someone I support. And no one should be intimidated b/c "he has a slim chance of winning". Vote anyway! You may change things!

Why does that not make sense?

(Does this make me a Paulbot now? LOL)[/b]
I agree with you liz. I'd vote for Paul if he made the ticket. I doubt he will though.... His BIGGEST problem is the "paulbots" who unfortunately also make up the majority of the "truthers" and even though Paul does not support their belief on the matter, it's gonna be hard for the masses to overlook that fact. Plus the media is just completely playing him off as a kook and Joe "I want my rebate check" America is going to follow them hook line and sinker. I fear we will always have a plastic politician in charge of this country until it crumbles. None of the current "front runners" are going to make any changes. None of them are going to reverse all of the bills and laws passed that have given the executive branch all the power it now wields, which many are unconstitutional. The only guy who might make a difference is Thompson and Paul polls higher then him in many instances. You never see that in the media though.