LOL

laugh

sigh

I noticed alot of people thinking the plane would appear stationary, if the conveyor went at the plane's speed towards it.

It comes down to STILL thinking that it moves like an Xterra.

I noticed a lot of people thinking that somehow if the conveyor went the same speed as the plane, that the plane was NOT MOVING.

I also noticed people thinking that the air speed would be zero, so no lift would be created...for two wrong reasons.

The first reason is because they think the plane can't move.

The second reason is they forget the wind is typically less important than the speed of the plane THROUGH the stationary air, as in calm flight, etc....

All coming down to not realizing that the plane can move, and that the conveyor ONLY moves IF the Plane MOVES...and that a plane's speed is measured along the planet, NOT across the things under them..otherwise your ground speed would be different as you crossed a river's flow, etc...which of course it isn't (The speed along the BELT IS NOT THE PLANE'S speed).

Absorb this, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

1. If the conveyor is moving, it is ONLY IF THE PLANE IS MOVING.

2. The Plane's speed has NOTHING TO DO WITH ITS TIRE'S SPEED. (IF the plane is in the air, and I climb out and spin the tires, does it change how fast the plane is going?)

3. If I am walking on a tread mill "at 4 mph..." measured as if I had a geared speedometer...I am REALLY GOING ZERO MPH GROUND SPEED.

4. IF I am really going ZERO MPH, THEN, THE CONVEYOR IS GOING ZERO MPH! (It matches the speed)

5. Your SPEED had NOTHING to do with your tire rotation...If I am on ice in my X, and I nail the gas, my tire rotation/speedometer SAYS I might be going 30 mph...but, I might be barely moving, maybe at ZERO, or 1-2 mph, etc....

NO MATTER HOW FAST MY TIRES ARE GOING.

6. If the Conveyor moves AT ALL, it means the plane is MOVING.

7. If the plane is moving...THEN the Conveyor belt is moving.

8. The Plane CANNOT BE STANDING STILL ON THE BELT....OR the Conveyor Belt would be NOT MOVING.

9. If the plane IS moving...it DOES NOT MATTER IF THE BELT IS MOVING, BECAUSE THE PLANE DOES NOT NEED THE BELT TO MOVE THE PLANE....IT HAS THRUST.

10. So - a guy, next to the belt, would see the plane move forward...through the air, along the belt, etc...he'd see the belt turning towards the plane like a tread mill....he's see the THRUST is pushing the plane forwards...he's see that the TIRES are merely LETTING THE BELT SLIP ALONG UNDER THE PLANE.

11. The TIRES are MOVING AT THE GROUND SPEED OF THE PLANE, and, AT THE BELT SPEED (Which matches the speed of the plane) ....and ROTATING at DOUBLE the belt speed.

12. Do NOT think that the SPEED OF THE AIR matters...its the SPEED OF THE WING THOUGH the AIR that matters, and that creates lift in this scenario.

13. The WINGS of the plane are moving forward at the same speed as the belt, because the belt matches the PLANE'S speed...as the WINGS accelerate, so does the belt, AND SO DOES THE SPEED OF THE WING THROUGH THE AIR.

14. When the speed of the wing (through the air) reaches its take off velocity...it just takes off.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif