Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:

[b]They would see the plane take off with a little extra wheelspin due to the conveyor belt.
....What do you see as the plane and conveyor are building up speed?

What is the plane's appearance relative to your position?[/b]
Like I said. It will appear as a normal takeoff with little extra wheelspin due to the conveyor belt.

This is a Physics 101 problem. I (and others) have posted the correct answer NUMEROUS times.

Planes are not propelled by wheels! They are propelled by jet engines. The plane WILL gain the necessary airspeed, but its wheels will have to spin faster because of the treadmill.

What is it about this scenario people are having trouble understanding? How much simpler could it be?[/b]
That is part of your problem.

You are assuming it is a simple problem and that there are no complexities involved.

You are also intentionally ignoring the question I have posed to you. Are you afraid that you may find out you are wrong?

A thread doesn't go 500 pages on a physics forum if it is a simple scenario.

Answer my question and we will move along to the next level. As I said previously, you are making premature assumptions of which you may be wrong or may be right. But for some reason you are refusing to explore that possibility.