Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
I see what you are saying. If the plane is exerting no thrust, in the scenario, the treadmill is also still.

I can see why this was such a connundrum. Even a few guys on that link someone posted disputed the conclusion.

Would it get to a point where the wheels cant spin any faster due to friction? Yet the treadmill would continue to increase speed to infiniti. That is where my brain starts to twist up. And if the wheels couldnt turn fast enough eventually it would counter the thrust of the engines through friction alone?

Im just asking questions, no need to get insulting.
This has been my point all along. I have no doubt in my mind if the speed of the conveyor was limited the plane would take off. However, in this scenario the conveyor is not. What it does not state is if the planes engines (thrust) is limited i.e. maximum throttle. If they are not either then I say the plane would blow up or the wheels would fly off.

The best one yet was turn the engines off as the wheels are flying along and they engines were at max thrust. Eventually the plane will move backwards. So there is some friction there. If the conveyor can continually meet that it will never gain enough speed to take off. Some yes but in my mind not enough.

What is really funny is the ones who think it will fly are the only ones so far who have said we are closed minded and resorted to name calling. Not all of them but some.

For those fuck off.