CONCLUSION #3: Based on CONCLUSION #2, "speed of the conveyor" means "negative GROUNDSPEED".
CONCLUSION #4: Based on CONCLUSION #2, the plane MUST ALWAYS HAVE a measurable groundspeed and airspeed.
CONCLUSION #5: Based on CONCLUSION #4 and ASSUMPTION #5, the conveyor MUST ALWAYS HAVE a measurable negative groundspeed, but NEVER HAS a measurable negative airspeed.

Hmm...damn...I THOUGHT we all got it.

The conveyor DOES NOT change your ground speed.

If ground speed is the same as air speed in zero mph wind...and I fly over a river flowing towards me...I am covering the same ground...but the "ground" is flowing water.

A flowing conveyor belt is as much a part of my ground speed as a flowing river...or a highrway with cars under me...even if my tires are rolling on the car's roofs...the car roofs do not change my ground speed either.

laugh

Actually, we might be done.

I don't think there's any one left who doesn't get it.

laugh

The last key seemed to be "SPEED".

The CF camp confused OR misinterpreted SPEED as the speed of the conveyor being MATCHED to the speed of the PLANE - as meaning more than it did.

That's why all the seemingly odd references to the plane going at some speed, and the conveyor matching it...so it was standing still, etc.

As soon as each one realized that the conveyor's speed - while NUMERICALLY the same as the PLANE's speed (like a tread mill), was not in fact ACTUALLY the plane's speed.

As soon as they realized that your SPEED on a tread mill is zero, but your ROTATIONAL SPEED was what ever the belt speed was going around at...it became clear.

UNTIL the concept that your SPEED is zero when staying in place on a tread mill, even if the speedometer SAYS 4 mph...is absorbed, no further progress could be made.

I think we're all onboard now though.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif