This thread has grown a lot in the last couple of days.

I'll give my assessment so far....

The people who say that the plane will fly have offered some good arguments but every single one is completely flawed.

Some arguments are more flawed than others, but there are flaws in all of them.

Some are even claiming now that the plane is moving down the conveyor just like it would on a regular runway. If that were true, there would be no question or hypothetical scenario.

Many people claim their arguments are based on physics. That may be so, but they certainly are not based on aerodynamics.

Some have even posted a comment from a physics professor. It makes no difference what he says because there are people arguing all aspects of this scenario on the internet who are also college professors and scientists. Many of those scientists say the plane will not fly.

I've noticed many people have gotten very far away from the original scenario. Most of those are in the camp that the plane will fly. Many are completely ignoring the original scenario.

It's both surprising and shocking at the amount of extraneous stuff that has been brought into the debate.

I think people need to focus purely on the original scenario and aerodynamic principles.