Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:

Answer my post you damn yankee.
I'll give it a shot rebel. [Freak]

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:

The thrust of the engines causes the wheel axles to move forward. This axle movement causes the wheels to spin.

The conveyor belt causes the wheels to spin about the axles.

The conveyor belt can not resist movement of the wheel axles. In order for the plane to NOT take off, the conveyor belt MUST prevent movement of the wheel axles.
In order for the plane to NOT take off, all that is required is an insufficient amount of air moving over the wings. Our scenario doesn't include atmospheric conditions such as headwinds.

Quote:
Therefore the plane will still accelerate as normal, and will take off upon reaching takeoff velocity.

There is nothing "flawed" about this logic. And I actually challenge any of the "can't fly" crowd to refute this post with proof. Good luck...

PS: You're going to need to prove that the conveyor belt CAN move the axles of an aircraft in order for your conclustion that it can't take off to be correct. There is no way the conveyor belt can move the axle as long as the tires are allowed to spin freely about the axle. None. No way. It's not physically possible. Not in theory, not in a lab, and not in the real world.

And once you realize the conveyor belt can not move the axles, then you *should* be able to realize that means the plane can take off, becaues the motion of the conveyor can not counteract the motion caused by the aircraft engines. Only 1 force in the example has any effect on the axles of the plane, and that's the engines of the plane. There is no counter-force to prevent the movement of the aircraft. The plane takes off.
So now instead of talking about the wheels it's the axles. I don't even know why you are now focusing on the axles because we already know the wheels are free spinning.

You are also asking other people for proof of this and that, yet you have provided no proof that the plane in this scenario will move forward in relation to the atmosphere fast enough to gain lift.

Moving forward is one thing. Moving forward fast enough in relation to the atmosphere is what is required for lift.

On both sides of the argument, assumptions are being made. That is why I say it is a conundrum the way it is worded.