Origami Gangsta, you make a valid point, which brings us again to what makes "news". Had the people who beat the man to death instead been understanding and helpful, we wouldn't be having this discussion because that's not news.

Many people don't take the time to look past the superficial crap we're fed every day from various sources. That was my point in citing the census figures - it's clearly ridiculous to claim the majority of black people act this way, but that perception has been created in some people by what we see, read, and hear.

I live near Atlanta, where blacks and whites play 52 Pickup with a whole deck of race cards every day. An example: the police chief in Atlanta is black. There's a case going on where Atlanta narcotics officers lied to get a warrant and then broke down the door of a 92-year-old black woman's home. She had nothing to do with drug dealing and no idea what was going on. While they were tearing the burglar bars off her front door she retrieved a rusty old pistol she had and fired one shot. The cops killed her with a hail of return fire.

As they should be, the officers involved have been charged with various crimes. But...if the police chief was white I have no doubt that Jackson, Sharpton, et. al. would be on the steps of City Hall screaming for his head. Instead he gets a pass. For those "leaders" to be taken seriously by people of all races, they have to be fair - they have to call out blacks as well as whites (or any other race) when someone is incompetent, demonstrates bad judgement, or makes critical mistakes. That's not racism, it's reality.

Let your perceptions be formed by reality.