Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
[b]
This means that Blacks are more violent and or unlawful per capita than other race. Take the feelings out of the arguement and the facts show what is going on.
You're being far too simplistic. There are lots of factors here besides race that you're simply ignoring - income, family situation, etc. I frankly find it pretty shocking when people pull these kind of stats and conclude that one race or another is more prone to violence, lawbreaking, etc.

That's just ignorance, plain and simple. No offense intended.[/b]
Care to explain? That is like saying that because Jonny was molested as a child that it is ok that he is a sexual preditor today. Wrong is wrong no matter how you get there.

At what point did we start to excuse or explain away bad behavour to make ourselves feel better?

Are you saying that it is the social enviroment and not personal responsibility that is the cause of the large number of blacks that are in prison?

Is it the negative behavour encouraged by rap music?

For the poor Blacks, is it that they have spent all their lives on welfare and after being taken care of by the governmet and thus entitled to everything they want?

What excuse do you want to use?

At what point do you come to the conclusion that blacks for whatever reason are more prone to deviant behaviour than other races here in the US.[/b]
[Freak]

Huh? Go back and look at my post again. I'm not making excuses, saying personal responsibility isn't important, blah, blah, blah. All I'm saying is that you can't simply point to the fact that there are a higher percentage of blacks in prison than whites and conclude that blacks are more prone to criminal activity. That's an asinine attempt at statistical analysis because it assumes that all other involved factors are equal, when they sure as hell aren't.