Like I said, I have no problem with it if it's deemed necassary, I just question the ability of those that do the "deeming"?

I realize that terrorists not being covered under the Geneva convention, and when I compared to an infantry man, I did not mean it literally. I meant some low level non important type.

I also realize that many we are holding captive, some of which are US citizens, are being subjected to this torture with the only due cause being the "they are terrorists!" finger being pointed at them, all the while many of Saddam's family, and other Saudi royals tied to 9/11 walk this earth free and clear. I question that... I mean shouldn't we?

rift, you don't think it could ever be you? Need to open your eyes. It can be anybody who's in the wrong place at the right time. Our government has slowly been putting the laws into place that will circumvent the rights of its citizens. Stuff like this is the slippery slope of precedence that could one day lead to our city's police force being allowed to utilize these methods on us etc. If you think its far fetched, you better read your history....

Today waterboarding "terrorists", tomorrow waterboarding "suspected terrorists", five years waterboarding protesters, 10 years waterboarding for suspicion of illegal activities....

Remember this is the country where moderation and common sense hasn't had a foothold in our society for a good fifty years now. Our children can be sex offenders in elementary school. Our parents can be abusive for spanking. Dodgeball is too violent. Everyone must have trophy in little league or their fragile minds will be damaged......