Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:

I'm reminded of that scene in "Saving Private Ryan" in which (about halfway through the movie) they're looking at a machine gun nest in a secluded field. Ed Burns' character states that they should go around the gun as it's "not part of their objective," and Tom Hanks' character fires back, "Our objective is to win the war!"
It was a very good movie.

FUBAR

Quote:
At the start of the Iraq war, I felt like Ed Burns: in terms of Iraq, I felt like we could've just "gone around," although I suppose that's debatable. I still do not agree with the war, our presence there, or the fact that our original objective (Osama) is still on the lamb, but I feel more like Tom Hanks at this point: just do whatever it takes to win the war. If torturing someone gets us a step closer to ending this war, then that's fine by me.
You are correct and I agree with you. We already started the mission in Iraq and it needs to be completed.

I however am more disappointed with the Iraqi's, or more specifically, their politicians, than I am of ours.

The people we waterboarded seem to have been terrorists involved in planning attacks on civilians here in this country. Maybe Europe too.

I don't think we torture or even waterboard the low level dirtbags in Iraq. It's not official policy. If you think so, what gives you that idea?

Maybe the Iraqi government tortures some of them. If so, I'd say the Iraqis probably have a right to do something to at least some of the dirtbags that come from other countries into their country to kill both Iraqis, Americans, and allies.