Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:

I HAVE offered alternatives by stating in a previous post that I support any interrogation technique short of torture.

Waterboarding IS torture. That much is clear, and that's where we appear to disagree. As crazy as it seems, people like Senior Chief Nance and Senator McCain seem more credible as authorities on this than anyone on the Xterra Owners Club board.

The "saved lives" claim applies to any interrogation technique that yields useful information, so it's not like torture is unique in that way.

Can you categorically state that everybody the U.S. has ever tortured was a terrorist? If not, what about the ones that weren't?

What's the pro-waterboarding crowd's take on rendition?

In that my goal is always to avoid name-calling and stay on topic, I regret my previous Nazi reference. Even you aren't that bad.
If you support any interrogation short of torture, then you should support waterboarding because it IS NOT torture.

I haven't seen you offer any alternatives to waterboarding. How about some specific techniques. I don't see any of the anti-waterboarding people offering any techniques or methods. All they say is that waterboarding is torture.

I have also noticed that you throw around terms like "all the people the US has tortured". Who are these people? Name some names. Where is your proof that we "torture" people? Where is there any proof that we have "tortured" all those people you claim.

Claims like that are beyond irresponsible.

What is my position regarding rendition? If we have the correct target and the person is a confirmed terrorist, I support it. I supported the practice when the Clinton administration did it. I support this administration doing it, and I will support future administrations doing it.

Rendition is another topic where there has been a lot of false and irresponsible propaganda being thrown around. Even bullshit movies.

You can throw around all the names you want of people who do not support waterboarding. There are just as many people who do support waterboarding as a useful tool.

You think it is torture. I don't know why you would think that because it does not do any harm. Waterboarding is not torture.

Whether you think it is torture or not, it is completely irresponsible for politicians to try to outlaw it's use and remove it as a tool that can be used in some cases. That does nothing but weaken this country and give comfort to enemies.