Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
I'm for legalization so I have no reason to lie to try to make a point.

I have 3 uncles that are schizo, 2 of them are in what I would call halfway houses. My other uncles are normal and didn't get into pot. I also have a very close friend that is pretty much a waste because of his addiction to pot. Seeing this growing up kept me away from drugs thankfully.
Yes, but do you honestly think that smoking pot was the cause of this, or did they have borderline personalities to begin with?

You might not be able to answer, but I would be surprised if there was conclusive evidence that just smoking pot was the sole cause of their conditions.

Then again, I have had several relatives die early deaths (in their 40s and 50s) because of alcoholism - a legal substance.

My point in this whole argument is not that pot is completely harmless. There's risks associated with everything. What I'm saying is prohibition is entirely ineffective and just creates a criminal element that would be greatly diminished if the substance were legalized.

Prohibition on alcohol didn't work. It just fueled a huge underground organized crime syndicate that took the continued distribution of spirits upon itself with no regulation.