Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have yet to hear someone defend legalizing it without referencing alcohol in some way or another with their argument. Until someone does, it ain't going to happen. It reminds me of the Vick supporters using hunting to support dog fighting.
How can you not compare it to things like alcohol that are legal? What about cigarettes or the thousands of other prescription drugs that you can take that can be harmful to you physically and mentally? Why does the government get to decide what I can ingest? No, I truly believe pot is illegal because it's completely uncontrollable. It grows anywhere. You can't control something like that, nor can you make any money off of it. You need a license to grow tobacco, and tobacco needs a certain type of soil/climate for it to prosper. You can brew beer in small quantities without federal/state licenses, but distilling "hard" alcohol is completely illegal, and it's also alot more difficult to brew beer and distill potable alcohol than it is to grow a weed.

If the state/federal government could control it, it would be legal. I do not think it has anything to do with any "health concern", not when I can spend $5.00 and OD on tylenol.