Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b]Just because it's legal doesn't mean your son would be forced to smoke it, just like he's not forced to drink, use chewing tobacco, etc. Your job as his father is to educate him as you see fit to avoid things that you believe would be bad for him. That's not a role for the government, imo.
I'm just saying, that's not going to hold up to Congress. That's not good enough. It's going to take alot more than that to get it legal. You will have a hard time with your case by presenting one more bad thing parents have to worry about.[/b]
As far as I can tell, there are no reported deaths related solely to marijuana. You can't overdose on it etc. All drug related death statistics that I find, point to external causes and multiple drugs/alcohol in the person's system. I cannot find a single report about someone actually being killed by marijuana alone. I can't say that for any other "drug". That alone tells me that marijuana is at the very least the safest drug to put into your body.

It's not addictive, It's not proven to cause lung cancer, yet may actually help it, and it doesn't cause "second hand" smoke. No chemicals or other controlled substances are used in its creation. I honestly don't understand why its illegal when so many other things aren't. It can't be controlled and the state/feds won't have a reliable way of making money off of it, that's why its illegal.