Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

Well, again, by your logic, NYMM, that law is the will of the people. There's no such thing as an approach (be it fines for possession or legalization of marijuana) that could just be a passion for an overzealous politician. Kinda reminds me of another overzealous political notion: the war on drugs itself.
How petty offenses are handled by police most definitely do have a lot to do with the current political climate and whoever is the boss. As I said before it means the difference between a desk appearance ticket and going through the system and spending time in a filthy lockup waiting to appear before a judge.

The rest is up to the judges and the District Attorney's office. Prosecutors here in NY probably have more flexibility regarding marijuana related crimes then in some other states.

Quote:
Just because something is law doesn't necessarily mean the majority support it.
It also doesn't mean they don't.

I don't see any public outcry or movement to make marijuana legal. I'm not talking about medical marijuana, I'm talking about legalizing it.

I don't even see any public outcry to have pot removed as a Schedule I drug by the feds. That would have to occur first.

Other than pothead organizations like NORML, there is absolutely no movement to make pot legal.

Do you see a public outcry to legalize pot?

Quote:
I say if more people actually knew what those penalties were, I'd bet the majority would say the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
How harshly is pot handled in your state? I've already said that here in NYC people who commit petty marjuana offenses don't do time.

I think most people already know that if you are caught dealing pot or are caught with a large quantity, you are most likely looking at doing some time. I don't think too many people really care about those types of people.

Quote:
Originally posted by stone:

Hey Madman, just for the record, I'm not new to XOC.

Shoot I go back farther than Carlton and most everybody else.

Not that it matters...
I didn't know that. Your handle wasn't familiar and I saw you only had about 40 posts.

In that case, welcome back to XOC.