Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Ted:

NY Madman, you wrote how illegal drugs like marijuana are negatively impacting the Black race and the Whites and Hispanics are the ones responsible. I say bullshit. Legal and illegal drugs negatively impact all races. Your statement comes close to claiming that the Black race is subservient to the Whites and Hispanics – I don’t think that was what you meant to convey, was it?
I never indicted whites or hispanics for negatively impacting the black population because of drugs. Where did you pull that from?

I said the government itself has a large responsibility and culpability in wrecking the black family structure. I don't know where you would see any Hispanic involvement in that. However, white liberals do have a large culpability in this issue regarding black family structure in modern America.

Prior to the "war on poverty", black people for the most part had good family structure. There wasn't the high 70% out of wedlock birth rate that exists today. There wasn't the modern phenomenon of the non-existent fathers that proliferates in the black community today. The government's "war on poverty" and ambition to create the modern welfare state changed black America for the worse. They basically destroyed several generations of their own citizens.

The largest single reason for poverty in this country is out of wedlock births at a young age. The government has done an awful lot to enable this phenomenon. Government bureaucrats have for years actively encouraged it. It is also now considered "politically incorrect" to even openly discuss this issue. Why would that be?

The problem has morphed beyond an issue related to black people. White people also are now experiencing an explosion of out of wedlock births by young girls. As many as 30% now. That is a recipe for disaster. It's a recipe for poverty.

Hispanics have a very high rate of out of wedlock births. This problem seems to be highest among Hispanics who come here from other countries and cultures where this type of behavior is common. Hispanics are now approaching a 50% out of wedlock birthrate. To make matters worse, many Hispanics and illegal aliens come from cultures where it is acceptable for older men to have sex with very young girls. Many young Hispanic women are impregnated by older men in their life. Many of them their mother's boyfriends. In increasing numbers even a family relative. This is also another extremely negative phenomenon that is not discussed because of the evil insanity known as political correctness in our society.

Quote:
In response to your drug counselor argument, I say this: A drug counselor advocating the legalization of any drug is like a judge advocating the repeal of drunk driving laws – its not going to happen on principle. Secondly, any paid drug counselor will not advocate legalizing the drugs that he gets paid to counsel people on.
On a strictly economic basis, you would think that drug counselors may want more clients to increase their income and prospects. But then again, they don't operate on those premises, right?

Maybe their interests just lay in doing the right thing. Is that such an outdated concept?

Quote:
In response to your Black leader argument, I say this: Blacks and Whites alike would shun a Black leader that advocated the legalization of drugs. White leaders would do no better in arguing for the legalization of drugs. If leaders go too far against the “moral fabric” of society, they will cease to be leaders, instead they will become outcasts. That is why any legalization movement would have to come from the student population – just like what happened in the mid 70s with the anti-draft movement.
So, according to you, black and white leaders can't advocate for the legalization of pot because of the "moral fabric"? At least you recognize there is a moral fabric to the issue.

But, in your mind, students would be the perfect demographic to seek legalization of pot. Like anyone really cares about what students are protesting these days. Especially since they are the demographic that probably smokes the most pot.

Were you smoking when you wrote this response?

I'm not really trying to bust your balls or anything, but it seems like the support for pot legalization comes largely from those that smoke pot.

Maybe we should have a poll in this thread. State your position on legalization and also state whether or not you are a user of marijuana.