Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Most people who argue in favor of marijuana have never even been in a really bad urban ghetto neighborhood. Most would completely piss their pants if they were ever dropped off in such an area.
[/QB]
NY Madman, I’ve walked through many “ghettos” (northeast) and “barrios” (southwest), and have yet to piss my pants. I have friends and coworkers who live in “the projects”, and I have never felt out of place or threatened when I go to their homes.

One thing you cannot deny; some poor people regardless of race are eking out a living by selling illegal drugs. They sell to anyone of any race and/or socioeconomic status. I don’t blame them. If I had no other means, I would do what I had to do to survive. If marijuana were to be declared legal, the street value would plummet. The dealers would have to replace their income from marijuana with some other source – most likely a more profitable drug.

Quote:
Were you smoking when you wrote this response?
Well, it is really hot in Arizona, but as long as you stay hydrated, you don’t usually spontaneously combust. laugh

Seriously though, I don’t smoke. The company that I work for has government contracts, and as such, is federally mandated to have an ongoing drug-testing program. That being said, I haven’t heard/read a valid reason why possession or use of marijuana should remain illegal.