Quote:
Originally posted by Xrugger:
OK that would bring up my next question. Any particular brand/model of light I should get?
And when running the wires? Do you drill a hole in the roof and run the wires through the pillar? Any one have an pics or diagrams of how to do this? I've never done much electrical on a car before.

Also are the web siteds for IPF and PIAA? Or any other companies that I might consider?

I use the IPF and it is pretty easy to install. you can ask philosopher, i am pretty green when it comes to wiring as well, but i did this one mostly by myself.

with the IPF there are 3 different directions the wiring goes from the switch. 1 goes to the battery, 1 to the tail light to splice into it and the other that goes to the light itself.

the switch i have under the dash to the left of the ECM(soon to be fully installed int he plastic there). the wire to the battery goes under the ECM and console over to the passenger door. out the passenger door opening under the weather stripping and then through that gap in cowling, then under the hood to the battery. it would be cleaner to go through the firewall, but i as i mentioned i am not that good with electrical stuff. the wire to the light itself is run under all the plastic trim inside the vehicle, behind the plastic panels in the cargo area and then out the hatch up the right side and then water channel to the light. Almost all of the wiring there is wrapped in curly plastic to keep the wiring packed together witha gap where the hatch closes over the wire. the last wire goes up the drivers side, under all the plastic stuff and then behind the plastic wall panels like the other one and then out through the tail light housing. there i splice into the reverse light.

with this setup, i can turn the light on anytime i want, only when in reverse or not at all. it is very handy. I am contemplating getting a little brighter bulb, but am not sure yet. i will know more once i relocate my rear tire, cause it is very illuminated in it's current position on my tire carier. once i have that fixd i will reaim and go from there.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
synchro@xterraoffroad.com
2000 Xterra SE, Alpine Green, 4x4, ARB, 32" BFG MTs