I'm wanting to convert my 4x2 '03 SC/SE Xterra to a 4x4. After getting the 4x2 (and at the time didn't have the extra 3 grand for the 4x4) I didn't think I would ever use it... Now I'm regreting it. Trading it in would cost me thousands... So...

I have determend this as possible... it what parts and how I haven't figured out yet.

The plan so far... Getting a 3" suspension package for a 4x4
That should have all the major front end components.

Next would be an ARB Locker for the front

Now from here i start getting lost. I know i'll need a transer case and some form of a front axle...

I'm wanting to use Nissan (or NISMO) parts anywhere aftermarket isn't already avalible. The other major concern is telling my cars computer it has 4x4 as an option... I have a very rare Xterra so outside of the 4x4 parts from a normal V6 from a junkyard (if i can even find them... also what other years would be compatible with an '03?) the CPU would be the hardest to get.

I'm up for doing most if not all the work i can... if anyone can help me figure out what parts i'm needing and the basic howtos for the part changes. I'm guessing the cost around $3,000 due to installing the front locker right out (will do the rear locker when money allows or if it will make this upgrade easier, the rear would also include ring & pinion changes for larger tires).

Now as fro searching the board (just to cover my bases)... only results i got were to trade it in. and the $10,000 loss or so is keeping me from doing that... So help or direction would be appriciated.
- "Fully Shrocked" by ShrockWorks
- Ramsey 9000UT Winch w/ Synthetic Cable
2007 Red NISMO Frontier
- ShrockWorks Full Underside Armor
- ShrockWorks "Modified" Rock Sliders