Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
the suspension is identical. so it would jsut be added cost to add the lift.

In fact nearly everything is identical so It is almost a straight bolt on job.

It is possible, it would not cost 5k in parts... It's between 1-2k depending on where you get the parts... If you can do the labor yourself then the only cost is time/parts/tools.

so somewhere around 2k and you will lose your truck for a few days.

Also don't forget you will need to get a Frame Trust(SLR sells them) as the 2wd Xterra did not have one.
While I normally agree with you on a lot of things I don't see any way in hell a conversion could be done for your price. A 4X4 manual transmission alone from the junkyard runs about $900; I know because I had to buy one. I can only guess a transfer case would be at least $500. The front suspension is similar but not identical. The the hub assemblies and such are completely different, which means the brakes probably are too. Plus he'll need a new clutch and maybe even a flywheel? The list just keeps going.

Basically, parts would have to be stolen to get to your price. Maybe with a lot of shopping around and getting absolute rock bottom prices he could get it down under $4K, but still would likely encounter problems and would be without a warranty.

This SO reminds me of the people who buy 2WD Audis to save $1,700 and then want to spend $6K or more to add quattro later.

It just makes no sense.

eek