Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.
You say things like this, and you're calling my argument stupid?

And I'm sure homosexuals choose to be ridiculed and looked at as being "abnormal" human beings. To get their asses kicked by those who feel the need to reaffirm their masculinity.

To be looked at differently once someone finds out they're gay, merely on the basis of what goes on in their bedroom. It's happened to me, more than a few times.

Sorry pal, the only choice I made was whether or not I accepted myself as the person I was born as.[/b]
I haven't ridiculed anyone. That's the problem. You take it personally because others don't accept you and your explanations. I've never beat the shit out of a gay, nor have I have said anything hateful to a gay (I work with MANY gays - that's corporate life these days). I'm tolerant of it. I don't like it, but I tolerate it.

So....when you're done feeling sorry for yourself because everyone is always picking on you, wake up and then start seeing the other side of the argument and think about what this would do to our military.

Don't ask, don't tell. It is the best policy in the military short of banning gays all together. I'm behind ANYONE who will fight for our country, but that person will lose my support as soon as their personal agenda takes precedence over the job my tax dollars are paying them to do.