Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy:
[b]
Quote:
For those of us who realize what country/century we're in there's a little thing call separation of church and state
Those two things can never be totally separated because no one will leave their beliefs out of topics such as this one ...
Newsflash:

They are separated.

Have been since the founding fathers wrote the constitution.

If you can't keep them separated, perhaps you should refrain from political debates. It makes it sound like you don't understand what's being discussed.....[/b]
sorry kiddo, that is what makes up who I am and why I have the opinion I do. Nice try to force my faith out of me. When you make comments like that that try to force people out of thier belief systems, you are the one that sounds ignorant. I at least vote and respond based on my beliefs.

Also, seperation of church and state is only in reference to a state (country) supported religion. What you left wingers fail to grasp is that the government is not forcing anyone to choose a religion or belief system, but that enough of this country is christian, and is tired of having it's value system be the one that gets trampled. As a result, we are voting for people with like ideas. If you don't like it, get some representation of your beliefs elected.

(I'm now waiting for the insulting, fact-free rebuttal that I know is coming)