Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]This argument is fucking retarded. We follow the rules. If our guys don't they get punished. Does it make it harder to fight a war sometimes? Yes. Being the good guys and doing the right thing is always harder. If we don't do the right thing, we WILL lose the moral authority we pocess now.
I agree, we must maintain the moral authority. I did not suggest that we ignore any laws. I can honestly say maltreatment of fellow soldiers (enemy) does happen. It is impossible for ANY written law to overcome an emotional soldier in the field, be it in any war past or present. It is impossible for those who have not experienced the level of violence/stress that combat is inherant for, to understand, so please reframe from assuming you know what you are talking about.[/b]
Please refrain from acting all high and mighty dickhead. I agree with you. I was answering the ones who say we SHOULD stoop down to their level purposefully. I understand that things happen in the heat of battle. Of course the goings on in Abu Gharaib could hardly be called in the heat of battle. My point was that we are better than they are, and follow the rules for a reason. Pull your panties out of your ass. [Finger] [/b]
I wasn't reffering to you man. Sorry I gave the wrong impression. Damn.