Quote:
Originally posted by anderair:

- Iraq is poised to use WMD, and that is why we need to go to war immediately.

Still searching for WMD. Any day now.

- Americans will be welcomed as liberators.

Funny but I think the word Iraqis use to describe us is occupiers. Big difference.

- Iraq's oil revenue will pay for the war and the reconstruction of the country.

Is that why we have spent almost $200 BILLION so far? I'm sure we couldn't have used any of that money in the US. Health care? Jobs? Education? Nah, we'll just borrow more money from the Treasury.

- We only need 100,000 troops to secure the whole country.

Pentagon planners had originally suggested 400,000 soldiers would be needed. I guess Bush knows better than the military.
As far as the weapons go - Iraq did (and probably still does) possess weapons of mass destruction, and they have used them. When I was in the military, we would study satelite photos of mobile weapons labs moving out the back door as inspectors walked through the front door. Even your hero John Kerry said that he supports the actions agains Sadam because he possess weapons of mass destruction

As far as Americans being welcomed as liberators - Are you in Iraq or have you been there? We are being welcomed as liberators. The only thing that is being reported is the negative stuff. You aren't hearing about all the happy people in Iraq. You aren't seeing the little girls and women going to schools now. We have done so much for the Iraqi people, and the majority of them are very happy and grateful.

As far as the Oil Revenue paying for the war - Things are costing more than we estimated, and no one else is helping with the costs. This is not Bush's mistake, is merely a mis-calculation by one of his aides or staff. Can you blame him when he is misinformed?

As far as the 100,000 troops - I assure you that Bush listens to his military staff and doesn't make off the wall decesions about how many troops we will send. We didn't predict that every extremeist Muslim from around the world would come into Iraq to complicate things. We didn't predict that the left and the media would politicize this war and motivate the terrorists to keep fighting.