Just trying to understand this....

Personally, I am outraged at his murder and the manner he was killed. It speaks volumes about the people who did this. What upsets me the most is that this guy was supposed to be there to help rebuild the country and traveled there supposedly for altruistic reasons. You would think that the people who he came to help would have done the most to help him. It probably was not smart to be there since his safety could not be guaranteed.

what is Nick Berg's story? I know he wasn;t one of the paid contractors from KBR or Halliburton. I read that he was an independant contractor who went to Iraq to help build communication antenaes and look for work. I read that he taught the local Iraqis how to make bricks out of available material. He was Jewish but they say he had an Iraqi relative(in law) who he was in contact with. Because he was Jewish, he was probably going to be killed anyway. He was missing since April 9th an probably had been killed earlier than when the video got released.

One funny thing I have noticed-the people who did the crime said it was revenge in response for the Abu Gharib prison stuff. But it has had the opposite intended effect which it has deflected attention AWAY from it. It seems like the pan Arab media is trying ignore the story altogether. One thing they say is true, it makes me(and I am sure alot of other people) less sympathetic toward the cause of the anti US groups. Part of me hopes that this will be the end of the killing but I know that;s wishful thinking.